VT Cosmetics (M) Sdn Bhd values your privacy and strives to protect your personal data in compliance with the laws of Malaysia.
We will only collect and use your personal data in accordance with such laws (including the Personal Data Protection Act 2010), this Privacy Notice and the privacy terms in your agreement(s) with us.
This Privacy Notice explains, inter alia:
- What personal data are collected and how it is we collected;
- How your personal data is used;
- Disclosure of the personal data; and
- Access to and update of your personal data.
Your privacy matters to us, so please take the time to get to know our practices and if you need further information, please contact us at email@example.com
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, please note that:
- “We / Our / Ours / Us / VT Cosmetics” refers to VT Cosmetics (M) Sdn Bhd.
- For the avoidance of doubt, this Privacy Notice is applicable only if you are an individual.
What Personal Data are collected and how it is collected:
The types of personal data that we collect and process include:
- your personal details, name, email, address, contact information, passport and identification card number;
- goods and services purchased, special requests made, observations about your service preferences, telephone numbers dialled and faxes and telephone messages received;
- your credit card details and any partner programme membership affiliation;
- any information necessary to fulfill special requests;
- your reviews and opinions about our services; and
- information relating to the credit of customers.
We may obtain this data from yourself when you apply for any of our products and services and from a variety of sources, including but not limited to:
- through your relationship with us and when purchasing our products or services;
- fulfilling purchases or request for information or services;
- accommodating your personal preferences;
- facilitating communications or through your verbal and written communications with us; and/or
- from such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to the disclosure of information relating to you and/or where otherwise not restricted.
How your Personal Data is used
We may use your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- process and/or confirm purchase arrangements;
- provide and charge for goods and services you purchase;
- provide privileges, benefits and services to you;
- provide you with a better, more personalized level of service;
- fulfill contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of making your purchase arrangements;
- conduct market analysis, market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys;
- respond to requests for information and services;
- provide for the safety and security of guests;
- administer general record keeping;
- facilitate direct marketing, promotional and customer management purposes, including sending you sales promotional
- communications or special offers if you have consented to receive the same;
- facilitate matching for whatever purpose with other personal data;
- disclosing the winner of contests and lucky draw competitions conducted by us or on our behalf;
- to offer, cross-sell and market any of our products/services or that of our suppliers or manufacturers; and
meet legal and regulatory requirements.
We will ask for your consent before using your personal data for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Privacy Notice and in the privacy terms in your agreement(s) with us.
We intend to use your personal information (including your name, address, telephone numbers, email and other contact details) to send you marketing communications such as direct-mail, email, telephone calls and SMS containing news, offers, promotions, events, to be offered by us or by our business partners in relation to the following classes of products and services, credit cards, financial and investment services, real estate, entertainment, publications, fashion and jewellery, leisure and sports, health and wellness, non-profit and charitable activities, telecommunications, social networking, media and public relations.
Information is our asset and therefore we place great importance on ensuring the security of your personal data.
Our employees and agents are trained to handle the personal data securely and with utmost respect, failing which they may be subject to disciplinary action.
We will retain your personal data in compliance with this Privacy Notice and/or the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with us for the duration of your relationship with us, for such period as may be necessary to protect our interests and/or our customers as may be deemed necessary, where otherwise required by the law.
Personal Data which is incomplete
Where indicated, it is obligatory to provide your personal data to us to enable us to process your application for our products or services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal data, we may not be able to process your application/request or provide you with our products or services.
Access and correction of Personal Data
We can assist you to access and correct your personal data held by us.
Where you wish to have access to your personal data in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal data held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us.
We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal data within 21 days of receiving your duly completed data correction request and the relevant processing fee (if any).
Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal data in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where the data requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same data. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
Please also note that we may exercise our discretion in allowing the corrections requested and/or may require further documentary evidence of the new data to avoid fraud and inaccuracy.
You can also assist us to keep your personal data (such as your current mailing address) up to date, as it will enable us to serve you better.
Exercising Choices over the disclosure, retention and use of Personal Data
Subject always to our contractual rights and obligations under relevant laws and regulations, you may exercise your choice in respect of the disclosure, retention and use of your personal data. Should you wish to do so, kindly contact us at the contact details provided below.
Revisions to privacy notice
This Privacy Notice may be revised from time to time. Notice of any such revision will be given on our website and/or by such other means of communication deemed suitable by us.
Should you have any query in relation to this Privacy Notice or how we handle your personal data, kindly speak to any customer service officer.